Another Way provides assistance to individuals with developmental disabilities to live and function as independently as possible in the home of their choice. We support the individual’s responsibility for making life decisions on the basis of personal preference and knowledge of life issues. This individualized approach enhances the prospects for increased independence, self-reliance, and self-esteem.
Another Way’s dedicated Supported Living Professionals (SLPs) provide the support and functional skills training necessary to secure and maintain an independent living situation within the community.
We specialize in the following core areas:
- Money Management/Budgeting
- Commodity Purchasing
- Mobility/Transportation/Destination Training
- Meal Planning/Meal Preparation/Cooking
- Personal Health and Hygiene
- Self-Advocacy Training/Facilitation
- Independent Recreation/Participation
- Use of Medical/Dental Services
- Use and Awareness of Community Resources
- Home, Community, and Personal Safety